MN Early Childhood Initiative
To sustain early care and education opportunities, and to support quality, the Carlton County coalition invested in training for childcare professionals. This training included early childhood mental health, indicators of early childhood developmental progress, and the impact of electronic media on young children. We are one of 64 early childhood coalitions in Minnesota and are grounded in the belief that young children need a nurturing community environment to thrive. The strength of a community and the success of its children are tightly interwoven. (Wilder Research)
The Minnesota Early Childhood Initiative is a local, regional and statewide effort to:
- Educate citizens about the first five years of rapid brain development that forms lifetime personalities, social skills and learning capacity.
- Promote parents and families as the primary and most important caregivers of young children, and foster the concept that nurturing and educating young children should be also embraced by entire communities.
- Help community coalitions create a shared vision and plan of action around the care and education of young children and their families.
- Provide training, financial and technical assistance and resource/referall services in order to implement quality community-based opportunities for young children.
- Connect with other early childhood-focused communities statewide.
- Promote and advance local, state and national public policy which supports quality care and education for our youngest citizens.
- To create and promote “one voice” around the issue of early care and To speak for those who cannot.
Contact Donna Lekander for more information: email@example.com